Monday, February 16, 2009

I did it! My first 5K

Boy, time flies when you are having fun! Or when you are sick as a dog... That is what I am going to blame my lack of blogging on, I have been feeling rotten. However, on Saturday, I completed my first "race" with Team in Training. Considering that I had been sick all week and only walked once, I was thrilled with a finish time for 46:34 for what felt like a verrrry looooong 3 miles. That works out to a 15.4 minute mile which is considerably faster than what I have been training at. This pace is a very good thing cuz I have been scaring myself looking at a lot of marathon sites and seeing that most of them require a 15 or 16 minute pace. I wasn't sure I would be able to walk that fast but now... I think it is doable. I still have about 4 months more to train so I should be able to make the cutoff time.

On the fundraising front, things have been slowing down a little. I did manage to make about $200 selling those gourmet candy apples I was telling you about. Oh boy, are those ever good! As I mentioned before, anyone (in the US) who donates $50 or more receives one of these apples if desired. I can also order them if you would like to buy one for $12 each.

I will try and post details within the next week or so of the drawing I am going to have for knitters who donate $25 or more. There will be wool, naturally, Wollmeise for sure, Loopified and, for the knitter who donates the largest sum, a complete Wollmeise sock club package! I am going to have to figure out what to do for donations from non-knitters, can't discriminate against them but I am betting they do not really want sock yarn!

Time for me to hit the hay, have been up since 6 am and I need to get up in just over 6 hours to get to work tonight. Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did u go to stitches this year?