Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I guess it had to happen

Who woulda thunk that some day I would have a blog? Not me, that's for certain! Still, it appears that blogging is just one more bandwagon I need to jump on in order to get in on all the new fun stuff that is going around. I have been reading about all kinds of fun dishrag swaps and knit one, tea two swaps. Since they all want a blog, here goes ...

Life is rather in flux at the moment as my current job is ending and my new assignment starts this weekend (I think). That sounds sort of weird, not knowing when I actually start the new job but that is not surprising considering how the whole long process of shutting down the place where I currently work has been going. Everybody has been stressed to the max but it is almost over. My official start date is September 1 but that is because it is the start of a pay period. With it being Labor Day weekend, I may not actually start until Tuesday. Hopefully I will know by Wednesday what is going on for sure.

In the meantime, my junior college knitting group starts up again this afternoon. I have been taking time off from MS3 (mystery stole 3) to knit a couple of scarves for Virginia Tech. We thought it would be nice to send thoughts from our school to theirs in the form of knitted items. I didn't think I would like burnt orange and maroon together but the colors have grown on me. I will try to post a couple of pictures before I send them off. This assumes of course that I can figure out how to post pictures at all.

I guess that's all for now. It is going to be interesting to see how this all works out. One more step in to the future! LOL My daughter is not going to believe this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
Here I am Linda one of your new knitting pals from the "Secret Knitting Club" in that little Northern CA town.....Loved your Blog very interesting see you next week......Linda

Anonymous said...

You are in a Junior college knitting group? I go to the local junior college. Maybe we can meetup there if you still go.