Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just a quick note

I just wanted to put up a quick picture of my finished Secret of the Stole.
100_0476
Isn't it gorgeous? It blocked out to about 16" x 80", big enough even for me to wear but I won't be. It is a birthday gift for a friend who is turning one of those decade birthdays next year. I absolutely loved working on it, learning new techniques and talking to people all over the world. Thanks DK for a wonderful knitalong. I am already signed up for SotSII.

Time for a nap. I have a concert to attend tonight and tomorrow I am going to see Evita. Jam packed weekend and so far no sleep. Will update you later on the festivities and next week I will try to post pictures of the yarn I dyed yesterday and the hat I learned to crochet today (well, attempted to learn, anyway). Catch you later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb,

It is just beautiful! Have a great time at the show!

stitchin' girl said...

Your stole is gorgeous! The color is stunning. You are a very generous friend indeed :o)

Deb said...

Thank you so much for your generous comments. I had so much fun with this shawl. It was great to have the contest at the shop so we could keep each other motivated. Two of us basically tied on who finished first.

Kristy said...

Oh the stole is beautiful! The picture doesn't even do it justice. I'm so happy for you - wonderful work.

Are you going to be at knitting tomorrow night? I've got your stitch markers and it is going to be my last Wednesday night for a while.

Lori said...

Wow. Really. Wow. I love it!

Anonymous said...

It is such a wonderful shawl, is it possible to get the pattern?

hugs
Alex

Deb said...

Alex,

I hope you come back to read these comments since I don't have an email for you. You can get this design from the Nautical Knitter at her new website http://www.knitwith.us/patterns/
Don't forget to sign up for the new Secret of the Stole II KAL. It is starting soon