Saturday, October 27, 2007

Time to play catch-up

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it has been two whole weeks since I last posted to this blog. Where has the time flown? There has been lots going on, that is for sure. First of all, if you noticed my previous entry, it was about Knitters Coffeeswap Three. Since posting my answers to all the questions about likes and dislikes in coffee and yarn, I was paired with my new swap pal, Gill from England. We have emailed back and forth and I think we have a pretty good idea what each other likes. She apparently has my package ready to go. I am still waiting on a couple of things to arrive in the mail before I put hers together.

Okay, what next? Well, I promised a picture of the MS3, all blocked out. Here you go.
MS3 overhead shotI gave the stole to its intended recipient last Wednesday. Hope Sherri is enjoying it. Ron took a picture at the party so hopefully I will be able to share a picture of the stole being worn. Here's a shot of the detail from the pointed end.
MS3 Clues 1-3 I know it has taken me forever to post this picture but I really did block the stole only one day after the Yarn Harlot blocked hers. Doesn't that count for something? Of course, she knitted a dozen other items during the time it took me to knit only the shawl but after all, she is the Harlot and I am a humble beginner.

Hmmm, more questions I was supposed to answer. Despite the fact that those of you who voted on the poll about yarn for Secret of the Stole and Secret of Chrysopolis completely agreed with the way I thought the yarn choices should go .... I didn't do them that way. I found out that the intended recipient of SotS would more likely prefer the Campfire colorway so that is what I chose to use. Here is a very bad picture of me knitting at Girls Night Out at Hooks and Needles. If I look like I might be rather out of it, it could be because I had only had about 3 hrs sleep in the past 20.
Deb & crew at Girls Night Out Lord, that's an awful picture. Maybe if I show off the picture of the baby being slowly brainwashed into becoming a knitter ...
Girls Night Out 10/24/07 This is Emma and her mom Amanda. Emma is 6 weeks old and has been coming to the Girls Night Out for the past 6 months. Yes, you read that correctly. We are starting them in utero!

Oh, Secret of the Chrysopolis stole. No I haven't started it but I did get yarn for it at the TKGA show in Oakland a couple of weeks ago. Can't show you the pictures cuz it's a surprise. I was putting off the thought of this stole because it looks so complex but after seeing the picture here, I am thinking I am going to have to cast on soon. And as if that is not enough, I am signed up for two more mystery KALs. One of them is Mystic Waters, which started on Wednesday. I finally splurged and got some Zephyr in Marine Blue. This stole is going to be for me. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I hope to have some pictures to post soon. I also signed up for one more stole but this one doesn't start until January. It is called Spring Shawl Surprice and there is still plenty of time to sign up for this one. A great way to deal with those after Christmas blahs.

Well, if you are still reading by now, you are probably tired of my rambling and I don't blame you one bit. I promise to try to get back to posting on a more consistent basis. Right now, I am sitting at Hooks and Needles, watching the shop for owner Kaylee while she is off coaching soccer. I am so happy that I am enough of a regular at my LYS that she considers me trustworthy to keep an eye on the business while she has other obligations. Too cool!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Deb, beautiful, beautiful work-- makes my hands hurt to look at it! Oh, and hey-- I didn't see any glasses of wine in your knitting-night pic. Aren't there supposed to be glasses of wine? Anyway, your stole is a lonnng way from the cute felted purses you were making, huh? Whoa, what a change!