Friday, November 2, 2007

Secret of the Stole Update

Well, I did it. I am actually caught up on a knitalong. I finished Clue 4 of Secret of the Stole on Wednesday but I am just now getting around to posting the picture. I had to post it so I can enter the completion drawing over on the SotS KAL. After all, what are the odds I will ever be caught up again since I am working on that KAL, the Mystic Waters KAL and have just started on a top down raglan sweater for myself in my MJC knitting class. Never content to do just a plain jane version, I am adding a cable along the v-neck. It is kinda funky since I have to increase along the neck edge and that means moving the cable over each time I do. It loses a little definition that way but hey, it's for me and I happen to think it looks okay the way it is.

Oh yes, Secret of the Stole. I had hoped to post pictures of everyone who is entered in the contest at Hooks and Needles but I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone. In the meantime, here is my stole at the end of clue 4. It is knit in KnitPicks Shadow Campfire Heather on size 5 Options needles.

100_2438
This is not a very good picture but I was in a hurry to snap a photo while my camera's battery kept dying out. Here is a pic of the center detail. Will try and get some better shots soon.
100_2435
Here's a shot of the first 60 rows of Mystic Waters. This one is for me, not only because of the color and the work involved but because my last name is Waters. Seems appropriate, no? 100_2439

Time for bed now. I have been up since 1 am and I just ran out of gas. With luck, I will be able to post pictures of Kaylee's, Anita's and Robin's stoles tomorrow. Remember, if any of you are in the Oakdale/Modesto area, stop by the shop with your stole and get entered in the drawing for a $50 gift certificate. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your stole looks fantastic! I am so glad you finished in time for the drawing. Good luck...