Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We're having a contest!

Well, not exactly me but I am sponsoring it. As you know, I have been babbling on for a while about Secret of the Stole. Believe it or not, I am still not positive which yarn I am going to use though I deeply appreciate you guys helping me out with votes and comments. Anyway, the contest. Several folks at our local yarn shop, Hooks & Needles, have already signed up to do the Secret of the Stole. I figured it would be fun (and motivational) to have a contest tied in to the KAL that would encourage us to keep on knittin'. Here's the deal: sign up for the Secret of the Stole KAL (knit-along, as if you didn't know) and then swing by the shop to brag about the progress you have made on the stole. For every 25 rows of the stole you complete, you get a raffle ticket. Then, on December 5, after all the clues are out and we could conceivably be finished with our stoles (snicker, snicker) we will have a drawing for a $50 Hooks & Needles gift certificate. Yes, you read that right. $50! to spend on gifts or on yourself, just in time for Christmas.

I realize this is very short notice, since you have to be signed up for the KAL by Thursday, Oct 4th and the KAL starts on Friday, Oct 5th. I would have posted it yesterday but we had a break-in and yesterday was spent dealing with the consequences. Depressing and boring stuff and I don't want to think about it anymore. I am currently scrambling to finish MS3 so I am start SotS (Secret of the Stole). Got 14 rows done already this morning but I still have another 30 to go. I will finish this thing, I will, I will, I will.... Have to because the recipient's birthday is coming up soon. I promise to post pictures before I give it away. Hopefully, I will even manage one modelled by a happy recipient.

Oops, back to the contest. In order to sign up for the KAL, you need to join the Yahoo group "Secret of the Stole". You can go to their site either by clicking on the SotS button on the left side of this blog or you can go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole/ and sign up there. Hope to see lots of you bragging on your stole in the near future. It's gonna be fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could participate in the contest, but wait, mine is finished already. [evil grin from the only one at the moment that knows the secret of the stole] HAHA

You guys are going to have a blast!!

Good luck to the participants!

2.5 more days.....

MystickLobo said...

This isn't fair to those of us who don't live in your area. But it is a neat idea, wish I had a LYS that could do something like it.

Susanne said...

I'm in the SoS that will start tomorrow and was trying to show the picture and link at my blog as you have done. But I can't figure out how to do it. Could you please give me a hint.

Good luck to you from the Nordic country called Sweden :-)

Deb said...

trollmar, I tried to find an email address for you so I could send you a file that shows how to get the button to work. If you look up stlwatrs in the SotS database, you will find my email and you can send me a message directly and I will get back to you.

The Knitting Frog said...

Oh, no...you mean I have to BE THERE...in body????

*runs off to invent a way to teleport herself from UK *

Oh well, most excellent luck to the people who live in the area, and look forward to see the efforts of said customers !!!!!!

Adeline