Friday, September 28, 2007

What to do, what to do ....

Okay folks, I need your help. Finally got a bunch of pictures done today and I need to make some decisions. I have two new mystery knitalongs starting, one today and the other next Friday. Both are lace, both are stoles. The problem is, I have swatched for both stoles with two types of yarn. Now I want your opinion on which yarn to use for which stole. I think I have made the decision already but I am curious as to what others think.

The first stole is the Secret of Chrysopolis which started today. Too bad I am not yet finished MS3, I really should do that before starting something else, shouldn't I? Anyway, here are the swatches. Swatch #1 is done in Lane Borgosesia, color ecru on size 4 Knit Picks Harmony Options. I like this one a lot although the photo does not do it justice since it was not properly blocked. Secret of Chrysopolis Swatch

Swatch #2 is done in Knit Picks Shadow, colorway Redwood Forest. This is also done on size 4 Knit Picks Harmony Options and this one was properly blocked. Well, at least relatively so. Secret of Chrysopolis Swatch

Option #3 is also Knit Picks Shadow but done in the Campfire colorway, all other details the same. So, what do you think? Secret of Chrysopolis Swatch

Of course, only three swatches would be too easy, don't you think? The other stole, starting next week, is Secret of the Stole. I think I already showed you the one swatch for that done in Lane Borgosesia but what the heck, you can never see enough pretty yarn, can you? Here is that swatch again. Sot
My other swatch for Secret of the Stole is done in Knit Picks Shadow Redwood Forest. It is not properly blocked but you can see anyway. Do me a favor and please leave me a comment as to SotS swatchwhich yarn seems to cry out for which pattern. I think I already know but .... Oh, one more thing, I need to find beads for Secret of the Stole. I will find time somewhere for that, I hope. Maybe tomorrow at the TKGA show in Oakland. Hope to get a chance to do some shopping over there if I don't fall asleep between getting off work and getting my buns over there. More pictures coming in the not so distant future, I hope. Nap time now.


4 comments:

Kathleen said...

For the first - I like the second swatch. Actually, for the second, I like the second swatch too! :)

Kathleen said...

Thanks for dropping by the blog. I found you via Ravelry - I forget which forum, perhaps Secret of the Stole? I'm radarkaty at Ravelry.

Seven Brides was my all time favorite. As a young teen, I made my parents stop in EVERY record store we past on one of our trips to NY City so that I could get the sound track! And - I hit pay dirt. Long before VCRs, when the Sunday Afternoon at the movies left me wanting Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - I had the album to listen to! :)

Kat Robertson said...

Deb,
Thank you much for the comment on my blog!
Unfortunately I like the redwood forest for both of them!! But... I'm very much in love with earth-tones. If I had to choose, and thankfully I don't I would choose the campfire for Secret of Chrysopolis and redwood forest for the secret of the stole. Very nice work regardless of what you choose...
Kat Robertson

Lori said...

Hey, Deb-- I like the Redwood for the first swatch, and I'll go with the Campfire for the second. I like the dark + light contrast. Darker color with the light-filled spaces of the lacy texture.