Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

Let the fun begin! Here are my answers to the cocoa swap questionnaire.

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?

I love to drink my cocoa (or tea or whatever) in a big mug so I can wrap my hands around it and warm them up. I usually use a storebought mix with water cuz I am always in a hurry and too lazy to make up my own stuff LOL I do like chocolate with peppermint so the addition of Peppermint Schnappes as mentioned on a couple of other blogs sounds good. Wait...I think I have that recipe in a book my mom gave me. I think it is called a Ski Jump.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?

Definitely with whipped cream, the more, the better. When asked whether I want whipped cream on cocoa or a mocha, my answer is "Why else would I be ordering?"

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet

1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?

Hmmm, favorite yarn ... I love soft squishy merino, or anything that is super soft. Been knitting quite a bit of lace lately but I am starting to get into socks and would like to do another sweater one of these days. I love deep blues, turquoise, teal, purple, green. You know, those jewel tones.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?

I am definitely a knitter. I did learn to crochet a hat just recently but I prefer to knit.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?

Love, love, love KnitPicks options but I am open to trying something in wood.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?

Can you ever have enough notions? I can never find my tape measure or my scissors. I have plenty of the Clover closed stitch markers but can always use more locking ones or just some decorative ones.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?

One of those katcha,katcha stitch counters or some way to corral my needles.

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)

For a quick knit gift, I like to do the dropstitch scarf. Only takes a couple of hours but impresses the heck out of non-knitters.

Miscellaneous

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?

I love to read, mysteries particularly. Especially if they are knitting or needlework mysteries. I also love going to plays.

2. What is your favorite animal?

Hands down, I love horses. But don't tell my two long-haired kitties that. They are also not fond of the fact that I love dogs.

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?

Sometimes.

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?

Don't know that I have a favorite. Spending time with friends (especially if they are knitting too) or going to the movies ... Talking to my daughter who recently moved all the way across the country.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?

The smell of spring, everything turning green and fresh but it is not too hot yet. I hate high temps, crazy considering where I live.

6. What are your favorite treat?

Chocolate!!! Particularly dark though I love Ferrero Roche. I guess any kind of chocolate mixed with nuts or chewy stuff!

7. What is your favorite board game?

Used to play a mean game of Backgammon many long years ago but don't have the opportunity these days. I also like Trivial Pursuit. It is amazing what little tidbits are stored away in the old brain.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?

One daughter who recently moved to New Jersey to take a job working with horses. The good thing about that is now I have a place where my knitted items will actually be used since it is plenty cold there. I also have two long haired kitties who love to lie in the way while I am knitting.

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations your partner should know about?

None regarding fiber, treats or animals. I do have to say I am kinda allergic to novelty yarns though.

Okay, I think that answers all the questions. If my secret pal should want to know more, just drop me a line or leave me a comment on my blog. Looking forward to this swap. It's gonna be fun!

No comments: