Friday, January 25, 2008

Secret of the Stole Clue 1 Completed

It looks like DK's designs are the only ones I will ever be able to keep up with on a knitalong. I actually had this finished by Monday but only just now managed to catch a picture of it thanks to Julie. What do you think? Secret of the Stole II clue 1

I love this yarn and so far the pattern has been very easy. I just looked at Clue 2 and it looks like we are now straightening out into the rectangular stole I was expecting.

On other fronts, the Spring Shawl Surprice is still sitting in timeout. No, it is not really that ill behaved but I messed up on a row near the end of Clue 1 and by the time I found my problem with it I was too deeply involved in other projects to pick it back up. Work has been crazy so I am very tired and this stole requires serious concentration. I need to get back to it before I am so far behind that I give up in frustration. Still haven't got those pictures of the cashmere swatch washed and unwashed but let me tell you, the difference is amazing.

Started a pair of wristwarmers for Jen on Tuesday. They are very cool with a celtic knot on the back of the wrist. Will have to find the link to the pattern so I can give credit to the designer. Still haven't finished her socks. I got overconfidant the other night, so proud of myself for being able to watch TV and knit on the sock. I finished the increases for the gusset and was re-reading the directions for turning the heel when I discovered I had increased for the gusset on every row instead of every other row. Dang! Another project goes in to the frog pond.

I need to get to work on my blah-buster buddy for the Hot Cocoa Swap. I have my stitch markers, yarn and cocoa for my buddy already. Have a couple more things on order but have to get knitting on the little buddy. Yikes, how did I get myself involved with soooooo many WIPs? Hopefully, I will have some finished objects soon that I can show you. For now, it's off to bed so I can get up at midnight to go to work. Take care all.

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Love the color you are using for your Secret of the Stole II. Your hint #1 looks great!