Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Cocoa Swap package came!

My swap partner Michelle spoiled me rotten. Here is what I found waiting on the doorstep for me yesterday. Cocoa Swap The first thing I saw when I opened the box was a sock pattern called Butterflies & Blossoms. It reminds me very much of spring. How did my partner know I just bought a whole lot of sock yarn at Stitches? Here is everything as it came out of the box. I was too excited to take pictures systematically as I opened things.
Cocoa Swap goodies
Can you see my new buddy Blue Beard? Here's a better picture of him sitting with my new hot chocolate mug.
Blue Beard & Kitty Mug Isn't he adorable? I just love him and so does everybody at Hooks & Needles Yarn Shop. Michelle also sent me gorgeous stitch markers and a nice spring like note card.
Stitch markers from Cocoa Swap
There was lots of hot chocolate, several flavors from Hershey and a can of Green & Black Organic Hot Chocolate that is made from bittersweet chocolate. I am really looking forward to trying that one.
Cocoa Swap goodies
I love wolves and here they are on a dark chocolate bar with cranberries and almonds, two of my favorites. There was also a very cute nail file.
Cocoa Swap goodies
And last, but by no means least, were the knitting goodies.
Cocoa Swap goodies
A cute little lamb measuring tape, Chibis (always very useful and I didn't have this size), stitch markers and ... Cherry Tree Hill Yarn in the absolute perfect colors for me! There was a lot of Cherry Tree Hill at Stitches but I didn't buy any. Maybe fate was trying to tell me I already had some coming. Thank you so much Michelle. This was an absolutely fabulous swap package. I hope your swap pal spoiled you rotten too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb what a luscious swap package.. and i"m off now to beg for the pattern to blue beard.. he's adorable!

Michelle said...

Deb, I'm soo glad you liked everything! I used the Alan Dart Gnome pattern for Blue Beard. It wasn't hard but I've never had to sew legs and arms before, I think I could've done a better job of that. (this was the fisrt successful attempt at making some knitted non-clothing item). So glad you like the CTH yarn, they are kinda local for me. I didn't know that Green and Blacks was making hot cocoa until I found it for you. I'm gonna have to try it myself as well. Thanks for a great swap.. hopefully you'll post more on your goodies you purchased at Stitches. : )

Anonymous said...

Deb, This Hat Quest project has touch my heart. I have SO much knitting waiting to be finished, but everything is at a hault so I can get to knitting hats! I work at a LYS & my co-worker and I will be "advertising" the hat project to everyone who walks in the door.. & we will collect and mail them all together in one pkg.
I have also posted this info. on the Kristys Hat Quest Ravelry group. (avatar = hockeyme)

Anonymous said...

Deb, I am totally excited to start knitting hats for Kristy's Hat Quest. I work at a LYS and my co-worker & I are bound to get every customer who walks in the door to start knitting them also. I have posted this info. in the Ravelry group also... hockeyme is my avatar.