Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ta da!

Well, it was supposed to be Ta Da! with pictures but the camera is not cooperating. Since my last post worrying about all the WIPs not making any progress, I have actually finished two, count 'em two, projects. Harry the Hedgehog went into the mail yesterday, heading for a climate completely foreign to him. Snow is not something we find down here although it is not all that far away. On the same day I completed Harry, I also completed Jen's wristwarmers. They too went in the mail yesterday, along with a bunch of horse stuff, clothes etc to the tune of 40 pounds!! Yikes, I knew that box was heavy but ... I mailed two items yesterday and it cost me over $60. Oh well, job security, right?

Those two items were both finished on Thursday so on Friday I got brave and ripped out about 15 rows on the sock with the too short gusset. Got the gusset finished yesterday and started the short rows this morning to turn the heel but I have mangled something, not sure what. My plan for today is to figure out the problem, fix it, then finish at least as far as the heel flap before switching over to the first square of the Great American Afghan. Yessss, you knew I would have to join in on that as well, didn't you? For right now, I am watching the store for Kaylee while she attends her son's soccer game. Time to get to work. Hopefully, I will be able to update this post with pictures later today once Kaylee arrives. Have a great weekend!

No comments: