Sunday, February 3, 2008

WIPs, WIPs and more WIPs

And not a finished object in sight, sigh.... I decided it was time to take stock of just what I had on the needles and to try to figure out just why I wasn't making any progress on anything. Of course, the fact that I was sick for nearly 3 weeks and that work has been crazy since before Christmas might have something to do with it but I think the following pictures might be more to the truth of it.
100_0541
First off, I have Jen's socks The pattern is Loopy Laces designed by Wendy Johnson and the yarn is from the Coffee Swap 3 package I got from Gil This particular sock is waiting for a needle that I ordered from KnitPicks on a friends order. The order seems to be lost so currently the sock is in limbo. Why am I waiting on another needle? I wanted to do knee socks so I needed to increase the diameter of the sock in order to fit over the calf. I didn't want to change the pattern so ... Larger needle, larger diameter, right? Hopefully it will work out. The second sock is also in limbo at the moment because I got over cocky and figured I could knit while watching TV. I did the increases for the gusset but when I looked at the pattern again for the heel turn directions I discovered I had increased on every row instead of every other row for the gusset. Haven't yet been brave enough to just rip back to the appropriate spot and I am too lazy to tink back that many rows. Jen just may get these socks sometime in July at this rate. Hopefully, she will think they were worth the wait.
100_0542
My Spring Shawl Surprice designed by Lul is languishing on Clue 1 while others have already completed Clue 5. Why, you ask? I have a couple of errors in a complex row and all I need to do is tink back one whole row and start over but there are a few other projects that have taken priority. Not to worry, I will eventually get back to it but for my current lace fix there is ....
Secret of the Stole II clue 1
Secret of the Stole II. I thought I was going to keep up on this one. I was actually several rows in to Clue 2 when I discover a dropped stitch about 10 rows back. Kaylee from Hooks and Needles Yarn Shop is convinced I can just drop down a section of stitches and reknit that section back up again. I haven't felt clearheaded enough to do that yet so this project sits in timeout as well. (Did I mention I have been working 10 hour days and that my day starts at 1 am? That explains the lack of clearheadedness if you know what I mean.)
100_0539
The project voted most likely to actually reach the finished state sometime in the near future is a pair of wristwarmers for Jen. In fact, she was asking about a projected finish date when I talked to her yesterday since "my arms are cold out here Mom!" You can't really see the details in the picture due to a combination of flash and the color pattern but there is a lovely Celtic knot on the back of the wrist. The second one is now several rows farther along than shown in the picture. I think I am about halfway through the knot. Since I have a limited amount of this yarn, I am waiting to see how the second one turns out before finishing off the first one. Thank goodness for KnitPicks options. I can just leave the first one on the cable while using the size 4 tips for the second project.
100_0536100_0537
Oops, can't forget Harry the Hedgehog. He is for my Cocoa Swap partner. We have to make a Winter Blah Buster Buddy for our partner and I think he will fill the bill. He has been the quickest project so far. I started him last Tuesday and felted him last night. Now my only worry is whether he will dry in time to be stuffed and mailed off next week.
100_0544
Then there is Jeannie. This is a gorgeous pattern but my lavender yarn just doesn't want to play. I have been having a terrible time finding out what this yarn wants to be. It is lovely to knit with but I just haven't found the right project. The unfortunate thing is that it is supposed to be for a birthday present the end of this month but I don't think it is going to happen. Anyone have any suggestions? It is a lovely merino laceweight hand dyed by Royal Hare in Santa Rosa, CA.
100_0546
This gorgeous Panda cotton is just waiting to be made into a herringbone dishcloth. Oh, and the Lily Chin Mock Cable scarf has been my in car project since last March. And there is the top down raglan I am supposed to be working on and .... Well, you get the picture. It is time to get my buns (or fingers I guess it should be) in gear and finish some of these darn works in progress. After all, Kaylee is starting a KAL for the Great American Afghan soon. I can't skip that bandwagon, can I? Hmm, I wonder what color scheme I should use ....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Deb! Melissa here! Lol, you have so many projects started! Hopefully you can get them done in time!

Anonymous said...

Your socks look cool! I like that pattern. The hedgehog is adorable! I have to do the finishing stuff on your buddy this weekend and then he's out the door! : )
Cocoa Swap mate.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb!
You have some beautiful projects going. Now I know you've finished Hedgehog (he's so cute!) and you completed the wrist warmers on Wednesday night. So you're on a roll girl! Now we can start the Great American Afghan! See you on Wednesday (: