Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My swap partner got her package!

Was thrilled to receive a note from Emily today as she let me know she received her Mmm...Hot Cocoa swap package. Since I still haven't managed to post a picture of Harry, swing on over to her blog to check him out. She got a great picture of him and he is oh so cute even if I do say so myself.

Still waiting for my package :-( About a week and a half ago, my partner got in touch and said my buddy was almost finished but I haven't heard anything since. Hopefully he will arrive soon since I don't want him to have to wait on the porch while I am off at Stitches.

I am still working on the first square for the Great American Afghan Tink-a-long LOL the knitting itself went reasonably smoothly but duplicate stitch is something new to me and it is taking more concentration than expected. I only have 1 1/2 letters done with 18 1/2 more to go! Yikes. Will try to post a picture of the square when it is done. I am also working on Jen's socks. I have turned the heel on the second one and have two repeats of the pattern done on the leg. On the first one, I did 10 repeats on the leg, went up a needle size, did 5 more repeats and need to go up in needle size again to finish it off. It's a knee sock so the increase in needle size is to make it fit over the calf. Hope it works. At least I shouldn't suffer from second sock syndrome since they are both in progress at the same time, right?

Time to get to the laundry and do some housework. I spent the last two days in San Francisco and am heading to Stitches on Thursday so I suppose I should work part of the time even though this is my vacation week. Take care everyone, have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I didn't know you were going to be gone. I hope it gets there too. I'm still waiting for my pacakage too.