Thursday, February 21, 2008

Off to Stitches!

I can't believe it is finally here. Didn't sleep worth a darn last night worrying about whether I packed everything I needed for class and clothes. Got the car filled up, washed (it is now raining of course!), went to the laundromat to dry my clothes since my dryer decided that heat was an unnecessary extravagance and then went off to Girls Night Out to sort out my knitting bag, work on GAA and on the socks. Oh yes, I also made sure that my neighbor knows I am expecting my swap package so it won't have to sit on my porch and wait for me to come home.

I did promise to post pictures of Harry and also the wristwarmers so, better late than never, here they are.

Here is Harry holding the bag containing Emily's fox stitchmarkers.
Harry and here's a picture of him all wide-eyed in his new home in Toronto. I hope he is staying warm!Harry2

Unfortunately, you can't see the Celtic knot on the picture of the wristwarmers. I guess I am going to have to knit a solid color pair so you can see the details.100_0553
Jen says she loves them and so does everyone else who has seen them. Hope they aren't getting any bright ideas that I might be making more to send back east!

Last but not least, here is the progress on the Great American Afghan, block #1. Already I am learning lots of new skills, not the least of which is duplicate stitch. By the time I finish all 20 letters (socks x 4) I should be an expert.100_0564

Okay, my snooze alarm has just gone off for the 3rd time so it is time to hit the shower and then hit the road. Hopefully, I will see some of you at Stitches. It is going to be a blast!

No comments: