Monday, September 17, 2007

Finally, some knitting pictures!!


First and foremost, I do have my swatch done for Secret of the Stole (check the button on the left, you can still join up till Oct 4). Here is my swatch, made of Lane Borgosesia Cashwool, ever so fine but oh, so yummy. The swatch was knit on size 4 Knitpicks Options. I think I like the size just fine but I have some of the new Harmony points on order so I am dying to see how that will affect the feel when knitting.

Here is a closeup of the swatch, I love how fine it is yet it is fairly easy to knit with.

A couple more pictures to share. My college knitting class (yes, they do exist if you are really, really lucky) decided that this year's charity knitting should be a show of good will from our college to the students of Virginia Tech. We found out their school colors are burnt orange and Chicago maroon (whatever that is) so I found the closest approximation I could and have been working on a couple of scarves.


The one on the left is knit end to end, 200 stitches on size 11 Knitpicks options, 6 rows of garter stitch per stripe. The one on the right is 14 stitches across on the same size 11s, the burgundy is garter stitch and the orange is seed stitch. Since I figured a college student would not want to worry about handwashing, etc. I did the scarves in TLC Essentials, colors Claret and Persimmon. What do you think?

On the job front, all is going well. Automation seems to be pretty much under control and now I am learning how to do nixies as well as working on box mail whenever needed. It's a whole different world from what I was used to but I like it and am looking forward to the side benefit of weight loss .

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yes, finally! Your straight-across scarf sounds like the shawl I'm knitting for Daughter #1, for her Faires, only you got to stop. I'm still going. And going. And... Love that cashmere. I've tried it--can't feel the yarn! Like knitting with clouds! Or tule fog... Keep it up, can't wait to see the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH, your swatch for the Secret of the Stole looks FABULOUS!