Monday, September 17, 2007

Ooooh, ooooh, it came! it came!

Finally, I have my invite to Ravelry! I was suffering from severe letdown yesterday. Checked first thing in the morning, 395 people in front, a little later, 220, then 110, then 10 ..... and then it stopped. There were 10 people in front of me at 1:30 Sunday afternoon and still 10 people in front of me at 10:00 this morning, no matter how many times I refreshed the page! Fiddled around trying to get the knitting pictures up for you to see and decided to take one last look at my inbox before going to bed (I work nights, if I haven't mentioned it before). Hmm, 1 email in the junk mail, could it be? Yes! I have signed in and my name will be stlwatrs, like everywhere else. I wouldn't want to confuse myself by having to remember another name. Now, the dilemna. There is so much I want to see and do but I really, really need to get some sleep. I guess if I have waited this long ( signed up on July 4th) a little longer won't hurt anything, will it? I'll let you know how it all turns out. Night night.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ok, I give up-- what's Ravelry? Does it involve un-knitting? Only on purpose? And fun?

Deb said...

moi, Ravelry is a new internet knitting, crocheting .... community. It's kind of like myspace, a huge database, chats, forums, everything you might ever want all rolled into one. You can keep track of your stash, your projects, your needles, your books, your ..... If you are thinking about doing a particular pattern, you can type it in and see pictures of a whole bunch of projects done by other folks... Gosh, there is so much stuff I can't begin to describe it. Can you tell I'm loving it so far? Let me know if you want to know more.